Workwise travel support
Help someone apply
Workwise offers half-price travel to work for the first 3 months of a new job. This includes apprenticeships.
People can apply if they’re:
- starting a new job after being unemployed or made redundant
- increasing their hours to 16 or more per week in a job they already have
- between 16 and 65 years old
They must live at a property where council tax is paid to one of these councils:
Or if they're registered with a Jobcentre in one of these areas.
Workwise offers discounted 4-week tickets on the:
- nNetwork - tickets for bus, train and tram combined
- nBus - combined tickets for all bus operators
- National Express West Midlands bus
- tram (West Midlands Metro)
View maps of where tickets are valid:
Applicants need to supply proof of their job offer. This could be a letter or an email (a screenshot is fine). It should include the:
- employer's name
- applicant's name
- start date
- contracted hours
The letter can be from the employer or a job coach. It must be on headed paper or from an official email address.
You can download printable information about Workwise. Use this to help someone apply if it's hard to get to a computer.
Become a Workwise referral partner
You can become a Workwise referral partner for free if you're:
- a job coach
- an organisation that supports jobseekers
- an employer
If you’re an employer, Workwise could help your staff get cheaper travel to work. This can become part of your induction process. It can also help increase staff retention.
When you become a referral partner, you’ll get:
- personalised resources like posters and leaflets to advertise Workwise
- customer support by phone, email and social media
- the chance to enter Workwise competitions
- travel support updates, information on events and networking opportunities
You only make the referrals - we manage the application process.
We’ve put together a resource pack to help you promote Workwise in your organisation. This includes logos, posters and social media posts.
Contact email@example.com to find out more.