Workwise Terms and Conditions
1.1 These Terms and Conditions apply to the issue and use of the Workwise Travel Support Programme. West Midlands Combined Authority may at its own discretion and at any time amend any part of these Terms and Conditions. All revised Terms and Conditions will apply immediately and it is the Customer’s responsibility to regularly review the Terms and Conditions in case there are any changes.
1.2 When the Customer uses Travel pass/Swift Card for travel on a Participating Operators’ services, they must do so in compliance with the Conditions of Carriage that apply to the Participating Operator in addition to the WorkWise Terms and Conditions.
1.3 The Travel pass/Swift Card is and remains the property of West Midlands Combined Authority at all times.
1.4 West Midlands Combined Authority may at its sole discretion and at any time and without notice to the Customer, deactivate, cancel or suspend the right to use the travel pass/Swift Card or refuse to reissue, renew or replace the travel pass/Swift Card if West Midlands Combined Authority has reason to believe that the Customer is in breach of these Terms and Conditions and/or any applicable legislation or regulations. In such circumstances, the travel pass/Swift Card must be returned to West Midlands Combined Authority immediately. West Midlands Combined Authority does not accept any liability for the direct or indirect loss arising from any deactivation, suspension or cancellation in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
1.5 For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions;
“West Midlands Combined Authority” means the West Midlands Combined Authority, 16 Summer Lane, Birmingham B19 3SD.
“Workwise” means a West Midlands Combined Authority programme that provides travel support to eligible customers (refer to section 3).
“Swift Card” means a transport smartcard that can be loaded with electronic travel Products for use on Participating Operator services and is issued by West Midlands Combined Authority.
“Travel pass” means a season travel ticket with a matching photocard
“Conditions of Carriage” means the regulations and terms and conditions of each Participating Operator.
“Customer” means the authorised user of a WorkWise Travel Ticket/Swift Card
“Referral Partner” means an organisation working in agreement with WorkWise to provide travel support to their organisation’s clients.
2. General conditions of issue
2.1 Workwise travel support is available for travel on buses (nbus) or buses, trains and the Metro (nnetwork) within the Network West Midlands area (Birmingham, Coventry, Dudley, Sandwell, Solihull, Walsall and Wolverhampton). A travel pass may also be available to cover some areas immediately outside the Network West Midlands boundary.
2.2 The workwise travel support as set out at 2.1 above will provide a fifty percent contribution towards the Customer travel costs for Network West Midlands travel passes (which could be issued on paper or swift card) for up to 12 weeks (three 4 week periods).
2.3 The Customer is responsible for the correct use of the workwise travel pass/Swift Card. Any Customer or other person found to be using the travel pass/Swift Card fraudulently may be liable for prosecution.
2.4 The Customer must have the workwise travel pass /Swift Card with them at the time of travel. If the Customer is not able to present the workwise travel pass /Swift Card, they will be required to pay for the journey (refer to Travel Operator’s terms and conditions).
2.5 The Customer must have the workwise travel pass /Swift Card available for inspection when travelling at any time. The Customer must show the workwise travel pass /Swift Card when requested by a member of staff, ticket inspector or other authorised officer and shall allow it to be read by any electronic reading device if applicable. Failure to do so may result in the issue of a penalty fare.
2.6 West Midlands Combined Authority will not be liable for any additional travel costs incurred as a result of the circumstances in section 2.3, section 2.4 and section 2.5
3. Eligibility criteria
The Customer must:
- live in a West Midlands Local Authority area: Birmingham, Coventry, Dudley, Sandwell, Solihull, Walsall and Wolverhampton. This is the eligible area.
- you meet the above condition if you are registered with a Jobcentre Plus office within the West Midlands area as above
- be unemployed or working less than 16 per week prior to applying for workwise travel support.
- have not received workwise travel support for new employment between 1st April and 31st March in the current year.
- be aged 16 to 65
- provide a valid National Insurance Number
- be working a total minimum of 16 hours per week
- ensure they apply before or within 5 working days of starting new employment or apprenticeship
- provide a recent passport style photograph
- must not be on the DWP Work Programme, Work Choice or Youth Promise Plus
- Workwise reserves the right to contact your employer to verify the employment details provided within your online application.
4.1 You will be contacted if any of the supporting evidence or photo are unsuitable. New evidence or photo must be submitted within 5 working days. After 5 working days, your application will be destroyed.
4.2 The Customer will be entitled to choose a suitable travel product from a set list. Assistance can be provided to help the customer choose the most appropriate travel product for the required journey to work.
4.3 If you have not received your travel support or had an acknowledgement of your ticket being sent out within five working days, then you must contact workwise on 0121 214 7436.
5.1 Numerous attempts to enter different data to meet the eligibility criteria will result in any such referral being scrutinised by an administrator. In such cases, the offer of support may be delayed.
5.2 The Customer’s entitlement to use the Swift Card or other travel product will be affected if used fraudulently or used after the swift card has been reported lost/stolen.
6. Replacement travel pass/Swift cards
6.1 If your pass has been lost or stolen, a replacement can be provided. A pass will be issued for the unused portion of the original. This ensures that you receive your full four-week travel support.
6.2 A replacement fee of £7.50 will be payable by credit or debit card at the time of notifying West Midlands Combined Authority.
7.1 West Midlands Combined Authority shall not be liable for any loss, damage, expenses, claims, liability or costs which the Customer may suffer or incur in connection with:
- The use or issue of workwise travel pass /Swift Card including but not limited to the workwise travel pass /Swift Card failing to reach the WorkWise Customer by post.
- A refusal to issue or delay in issuing a workwise travel pass/Swift Card.
- A Swift card being “blocked” for a justified reason, including but not limited to the Swift Card being lost or stolen, or if there is suspicion of fraud or misuse.
- Any loss or damage suffered as result of the Customer failing to inform West Midlands Combined Authority that the workwise travel pass /Swift Card has been lost, damaged or stolen
- The information that the Customer provides on the e-form is subject to the Data Protection Act 1998. Data will be obtained from all Customers who utilise the workwise travel support programme. By participating in this programme, you are agreeing that Jobcentre Plus, Referral Partners and West Midlands Combined Authority can share your personal details with partners, funders and delivery agents for the purpose of coordinating support to customers and for monitoring and evaluation purposes. We will also contact you at a later date to ask some brief questions about how useful workwise has been to you. You can withdraw your consent at any time by writing to workwise at West Midlands Combined Authority, 16 Summer Lane, Birmingham B19 3SD
8. Further important Customer information
8.1 The offer comprises three, four-week tickets at a 50% discount from the standard price. The tickets will run consecutively for a total of twelve weeks, with no gaps in between tickets.
8.2 The starting date of your first ticket will be the work start date that you enter during your online application.
8.3 Once your application has been processed you will receive an e-mail with a link to purchase your discounted ticket online. The e-mail will give you a ‘reply-by’ date – you must click on the link and purchase your ticket by the stated date. The link will expire and will not work after the ‘reply-by’ date.
8.4 Please note that ten days before your first ticket expires, you will be sent an e-mail with a link to buy your second ticket, this e-mail will also have a ‘reply-by’ date. You must purchase your second ticket before the ‘reply-by’ date, as the link will expire after this date. The same will happen ten days before your second ticket expires.
8.5 If your first ticket expires and you do not renew it, you will be deemed to have ended your participation in the workwise travel support programme and you will not be able to purchase any further tickets.
8.6 If your circumstances (e.g. hours worked) change, and you no longer meet the eligibility requirements for workwise travel support programme as set out in clause 3 above, you should not apply for another ticket. If you have already purchased a ticket and are no longer eligible, West Midlands Combined Authority reserve the right to cancel the ticket and refund the value of the remaining balance of the ticket from the date of the cancellation.