(Now available on bus and tram)
You travel, and we cap the cost, so you pay the best fare at the end of the day
Choose Top-Up or Auto-Pay and we’ll charge you later using daily capping
- Now available to use on both bus and tram
- Your commute, your way - ideal ticket for a flexible commuter
- Cut out the confusion - no need to research ticket types before you travel
- You tap, we cap – never overpay for a day of travel.
Where can I get Swift Go?
- You can buy Swift Go through our ticket finder.
- Top-Up your Swift Go - log into your Swift Account or visit one of our travel shops. Located at Birmingham New Street Station or Wolverhampton Bus Station - travel shop information.
What modes of transport can I use my Swift Go on?
- Swift Go is accepted on Metro Tramlines and almost every bus in the West Midlands
- Look out for our Swift Go stickers on your bus to see whether you can use your Swift Go. Find a full list of bus operators that accept Swift Go here.
- View the Metro route.
How do I use Swift Go?
- Buy Swift Go through our ticket finder or at one of our travel shops.
- Collect your Product - Now load your Swift Go on to your card. Use the Swift Collector app or over 100 on-street Swift Collectors.
- On the bus: tap your Swift card on the card reader, as usual, we will take care of the rest.
- On the tram: when approached by the conductor hover or tap your card over a Metro handheld.
- We will cap the cost of the journeys you have made at the end of the day.
Do I need a Swift account?
What is Capping?
Capping allows you to make many journeys in a single day but limits the amount you pay for your travel.
How does capping work?
- Once you hover or tap your card on a Metro handheld on the tram or on the bus reader, we register your journey. We will then calculate your best-capped fare.
- View the full list of operator caps here.
What happens if I reach the cap?
We will never charge you for more than the cost of a day ticket. Once you have reached the cap for the day, you will travel for free for the rest of the day.
Do I still have to pay if I don’t use my Swift Go?
No, we will only charge for the days you travel using your Swift Go and for the number of journeys you make on that day.
What is the difference between the Swift Go payment methods?
- You can choose to Top-Up your Swift Go account with one-off payments when you need to. We will charge your balance the next day. Please make sure that your Swift Go balance will cover your charges.
You can choose Auto-Pay and store a debit or credit card to your account. We will bill your card once a week each Sunday at 8 am for all charges for the previous week.
Where can I find my Swift Go balance?
Log into your Swift Account. You will see your account balance at the top of the screen and on the top of your Swift Go summary.
I disagree with the charges that appear on my Swift Go summary, what can I do?
1. Click the “query this” button on your statement on the cap you want to query.
2. Select the journeys you would like to query by selecting any of the boxes on the left-hand side of the journeys.
3. Either select a reason for your query from our list or describe it. Using as much detail as possible after selecting “other”.
4. Submit your query and we will get back to you within the next 5 working days.
My Swift Go has been blocked; how can I reactivate it?
1. First, you need to pay your outstanding debt. You can do this by logging into your account and topping up your balance or adding a payment card to your account. You could also do this at one of our travel shops.
2. Once you have cleared your debt, we will send you a new Swift Go product.
3. You will receive an email confirmation once your Swift Go is ready to be collected.
I would like my money back from my account. Can I get a refund?
1. Go into your “payment details” section on your Swift account.
2. Click on transactions where you want to request a refund.
3. Select the transaction that you would like a refund for.
4. We will get back to you in the next 28 days.
- Please note, that we will charge a £5.50 admin fee when you request a refund. We must be able to charge that fee from your account. So please make sure that you have enough balance on your account.
I have been permanently blocked. How can I appeal?
Please call our Customer Service Team +44 345 075 6006
I have lost my card; can I transfer my Swift Go balance?
We store your balance on your account.
So, if you have lost your card or it's stolen, your Swift Go balance will remain active. We will transfer to your replacement card.
To replace a lost or stolen Swift card you will need to call our Customer Services team on 0345 075 6006.
Replacement cards cost £7.50 or are free if you have a crime reference number. Expect to receive your replacement card within 3 working days.