Go your own way by bus, train or tram
The English National Concessionary Pass gives older and disabled people free travel by bus anywhere in England during 'off-peak' times. Residents of the West Midlands are entitled to free train and Metro travel.
Off-peak: Between 9.30am and 11.00pm Monday to Friday. All day at weekends and on public holidays.
In addition we have extended off-peak hours to include the last services of the day.
For 24-hour services, end of daytime service will be defined as 11.59pm.
Train travel is a great added benefit. You can use your pass in standard class anywhere in the Blue Zone on the Rail map
If you need to travel before 9.30am you can pay for your journey each time you travel or buy a pre 9.30am add-on ticket.
You may be able to get financial help towards pre 9.30am travel costs if you need NHS treatment at a hospital, other NHS centre or private clinic and have been referred by an NHS hospital consultant. You can claim at the NHS hospital or clinic at the time of your appointment.
Your council may be able to offer you help towards the cost of your pre 9.30am ticket.
Contact your local Social Services Department to find out more.
Which pass is for you?
Older persons pass
Disabled persons pass
Terms and conditions
- Your pass entitles you to free off-peak travel on local bus services in England under the rules of the national bus concessionary travel scheme set out in the Transport Act 2000.
- Your pass also entitles you to other travel concessions on bus, train and tram (Midland Metro) services across the Network West Midlands area from 09:30am Monday to Friday, and anytime during the weekend or bank holidays.
- The pass is valid until the expiry date displayed on the front as long as you continue to live in the West Midlands.
- Replacement passes are available upon request, subject to specific terms and conditions as below and payment of an administration fee. All replacement passes are issued at the discretion of Centro.
- All concessionary travel passes remain the property of Centro and will be withdrawn if misused.
- Concessionary travel passes are not transferable and can only be used by the person whose name and photograph are displayed on the pass.
- The pass is not valid if it is damaged or altered in any way. If you misuse the pass, we may withdraw it and a charge will be made to replace or return the pass.
- You must show your pass to the driver, conductor or revenue inspector when requested. The pass can be taken from you for improper use.