Are you 16 -18 and in full-time education?
The 16-18 photocard is what you need.
The photocard costs £10 and entitles you to buy:
- Child cash fares for travel to and from your school or college only
- Child season tickets, valid for one week, four weeks or a term
- Monthly Child Direct Debit tickets - the best value option.
Child Term Tickets and Direct Debit tickets can be purchased without a valid 16-18 photocard during August and September.
Remember to show your photocard when you buy cash fares and season tickets and keep it with you while travelling in case you're asked to show it to the ticket inspector.
The online process is quick and easy and will let you track the progress of your application and request replacement photocards if you need them.
What you need to complete the 16-18 online application:
- Unique validation code (UVC) - you must get this from your school or college
- A 16-18 online account - tracks the application progress and allows you to keep your details up to date
- The name of the school or college where you have enrolled
- Your full name, address, postcode, date of birth, contact number and email address
- A digital passport style photograph you can upload
- A debit or credit card to pay the fee - ensure you know the billing address for the card.
You're eligible for a 16-18 photocard if you:
- live at a property where Council Tax is payable to one of the following councils: Birmingham, Coventry, Solihull, Dudley, Sandwell, Walsall or Wolverhampton.
- are 16 years of age or will be 16 within six weeks of your application for a 16-18 Photocard and you'll be under 18 years of age on 1 September of the current academic year, and
- are in full-time education for not less than 12 hours per week and receive no payment or bursary for your studies ( if you're paid to study, for example, on an apprenticeship or work placement scheme, you'll not be eligible).
Make sure you're eligible for the 16-18 photocard before buying a child rate season ticket of any duration.
Refunds can't be given if you find out later that you're not eligible.
If you had a 16-18 photocard last year
Log in to your 16-18 account using the email address and password used when you applied last year:
- Follow the instructions and enter your new UVC valid for the 2015/16 academic year
- Enter the school or college you're attending
- Update any contact details that have changed
- You have the option to change the photograph
- Check all details are correct and pay the fee with a debit or credit card.
If you can't can't log into your online account, please register and apply as a new customer.
To make sure your payment is processed quickly, please have the billing address for the payment card and enter all details carefully and accurately.
When will I receive my 16-18 photocard?
Once your online application is approved, confirmation and delivery details will be sent to your email address. You'll receive your Photocard within ten working days of submitting your application.
Note - September Exceptions:
- During August and September you can buy and use child rate season tickets valid for a term and Child Direct Debit tickets without a 16-18 photocard while you wait for your new 16-18 photocard to be delivered to you. You must have a valid 16-18 photocard displayed with your ticket by 1 October for your child rate season ticket to remain valid.
- Child rate season tickets valid for less than a term or child rate cash fares can only be bought once you receive your 16-18 photocard.
Lost or stolen photocards
Lost or stolen photocards cost £5.00 to replace.
You can order and pay for a replacement photocard through your 16-18 account. Login with your email address and password.
Otherwise you can:
Call our Customer Services Team on 0345 303 6760 to order and pay over the phone.
Download 16-18 Photocard Replacement Claim Form
Post it with a cheque or postal order to:
Ticketing Delivery, Centro, 16 Summer Lane, Birmingham, B19 3SD.
Change of address
You can update your address through your online 16-18 account
Read our frequently asked questions
Read our terms and conditions